Clifford R. Mermell, Esq.Founding & Managing Partner
Mr. Mermell has been the senior and managing partner of the firm since its creation. He has devoted his entire professional life to the representation of injured workers in Florida and elsewhere in the world.
As a Florida Bar Board Certified Workers’ Compensation lawyer, Mr. Mermell is recognized by Judges and his peers as an expert in the area of Workers’ Compensation law.
Mr. Mermell has been handling the claims of injured workers under the Defense Base Act and the Longshore & Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act for the past 29 years.
Mr. Mermell has handled the claims of injured workers in more than 2,000 cases. He has taken the claims of injured workers to trial in over 150 cases. He has represented injured workers in more than 1,000 mediations.
He has handled the claims of injured workers at each and every level, from the investigation phase through trial and appeals. He has earned a reputation of refusing to back down. He will take a case through trial and appeals and will never give up in his will to obtain the benefits to which he believes his clients are entitled.
Mr. Mermell is completely fluent in English and Spanish.
- AV (Highest Rating Possible) Preeminent Peer Review Rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability by Martindale-Hubbell Rating Service.
- 2014 Recognition as a Top Rated National Lawyer in Labor and Employment Law by American Lawyer Magazine, Corporate Counsel Magazine, and National Law Journal.
- Avvo Client Choice Award in recognition of his clients’ satisfaction and testimonials about his work, every year since 2015 to 2019.
- Superb Top-Rated Lawyer with a 10.0 rating by Avvo every year since 2015 to 2019.
- Recognized in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Workers’ Injury Law Group (WILG) as one of the Nation’s Top 100 Injured Workers’ Attorneys.
- 2015 Recognition by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC) as one of the Nation’s Top One Percent of all lawyers nationwide.
- Member of the Workers Compensation Section of the Florida Bar since 1989.
- Member of the Florida Workers’ Advocates since 1994.
- Member of the Workers’ Injury Law Group for the past 7 years.
- Board of Trustees of the Friends of 440 Organization since 1994, serving as its Treasurer from 2006 to 2009.
- Mr. Mermell has attended the Annual Florida Workers’ Compensation Convention in Orlando for 23 out of the past 25 years.
- Frequently Invited Speaker as an Expert in the areas of Defense Base Act, Longshore Act and Florida Worker’s Compensation Act.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado, 1985
- Juris Doctorate, University of Miami School of Law, 1989
- Admitted to practice in all courts of Florida since 1989
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Florida since 1989
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Get a Free Longshore
If you would like to get a FREE evaluation on your Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act case, please provide us with your specific details.
We are committed to each of our clients, and vow to serve you and your Longshore case to the best of our abilities.
- Competence 100% 100%
- Professionalism 100% 100%
- Commitment 100% 100%
- Proven Track Record 100% 100%
Copyright © 2010 by The Law Offices of Gillis, Mermell & Pacheco, P.A. Handling All Work Related Injuries. All rights Reserved.